Preschool Program & Early Childhood Services|
PARC Preschool is a private, not-for-profit, New York State Department of Education certified school for children ages
three to five with special needs. PARC Preschool provides center-based and community-based services, including developmental and educational evaluations, to Putnam, Northern Westchester, and Dutchess counties. At our center-based site, our school's primary focus is to serve children with severe communication delays, pervasive developmental disorders, and autism spectrum disorders. Our community-based integrated classrooms are offered at three different locations: Mahopac Falls, Brewster, and Putnam Valley - both full & half day : morning & afternoon.
We utilize a multidisciplinary approach which includes parents throughout the educational and planning process. A warm, caring, and skilled professional staff has offered experience in specialized programming for 30+ years.
To provide an early start for children with special needs so they can achieve their potential and be a valuable part of the mainstream of school and community life.
What services we offer through Early Intervention (Birth to Three)*
- Home-Based Developmental Evaluations
*These services can be accessed through your local Department of Health.
What Services We Offer Through Preschool (Three to Five)**
**These services can be accessed through your local school district Committee on Preschool Special Education.
- Language-Based Special Education Classrooms
- Specialized Curriculum for Children with Autism that includes Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA); Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS); Treatment and Education of Autistic and related Communication Handicapped Children (TEACCH);
- Speech, Occupational and Physical Therapies
- School-based Counseling/Play Therapy
- Behavior Consultation
- Educational Evaluations
- Information and Referral
- Itinerant Related Services (limited)
- Sibling and Family Support
- Parent Education
- Parents Support Group
- Transition Support Services
- Referral for Educational Advocacy Services
- Special Education Itinerant Services
- Special Classes in Integrated Settings
- Social Skills Groups
For More Information Contact :
Jane Curtin, PhD
PARC Preschool Director
(845) 628-0713 (fax)